Based in Portland, Oregon
June 9th, 2016
PC / Mac / Linux
Embark on an adventure with what little you have and discover what the world of Crea has to offer. Through each action, improve your talents and master many skills. Through each victory, grow in strength and shape yourself. Through each inquiry, unlock new items to craft and build. Through each expedition, explore new realms and uncover Crea’s lore.
Crea was born in February 2012 as a hobby project to explore what a sandbox game would look like with modding support continually a focus. Jasson managed to convinced both Kelley (artist and wife) and himself Crea would only take a few months. Five months later a successful Kickstarter campaign was ran, raising 185% of our $15,000 goal from over 1,000 backers. Since then Crea has been slowly finding itself with the feedback of its community. Two years after its inception, Crea was greenlit by Steam in February 2014 and was released on Steam Early Access on June 3rd, 2014. After another two years Crea is now being released on Steam on June 9th, 2016.
- Progress by leveling up learning over 80 skills through the your talent
- Discover the world’s expansive mythos and history
- Engage challenging in combat against unique monsters and survive by timing shield blocks and dodge rolling
- Craft hundreds of items by researching materials and using chaos crafting (minigame)
- Explore massively generated worlds and dungeons and quickly travel using Way Crystals
- Mod nearly anything you can imagine with the extensive modding support powered by Python
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Everything is extremely lighthearted, colorful, and simple in the best of ways."
- Alex Rubens, G4TV
- "Crea brings the focus to RPG, and modding."
- John Walker, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "This really seems like a game for people who like to tinker, and there just aren’t enough of those at the moment."
- Alice Wilkes, End Gamers
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Siege Games allows for the contents of Crea to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Crea is legally & explicitly allowed by Siege Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://playcrea.com/press/sheet.php?p=crea.
Jasson frequently does livestreams giving an inside look to Crea's development - typically from a programmer's perspective. twitch.tv.
Crea's Kickstarter ended on August 7, 2012. kickstarter.com.
About Siege Games
Siege Games is a small independent game studio ran by husband and wife, Jasson and Kelley McMorris. Together, we work to bring colorful and light-hearted games to life.
More information on Siege Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Project Lead, Programmer
Music and Sound Effects
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks